Join the PPE4Care Community Action Programme by simply placing an order with us and becoming a patron of our ‘altruism through commerce’ commitments. Each order directly results in donations, gifted stock and investment in community projects in the UK - diverting support to beneficiaries who are experiencing a need or forms of disadvantage. Details of our philanthropic work and outcomes are published in an annual social impact report.
PPE4Care wants to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics, integrity and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative that's put in place to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment. We commit to:
- Respecting the law
- Honouring internal policies
- Ensuring that all business operations are legitimate and accountable
- Keeping every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
Principles of our CSR Strategy include:
We'll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We'll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect toward the consumer
- Anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-fraud and anti-profiteering practices
We'll ensure that we:
- Don't risk the health and safety of our employees and community
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people in countries of manufacture
- Support diversity and inclusion
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labor).
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary and aid donations, these donations will aim to:
- Advancing science, education and community projects
- Alleviate those in need and experiencing any form of social disadvantage or health inequality
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programmes organised internally or externally and delivering in-kind services. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organisations.
Preserving the Environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively work to protect the natural environment. Our company recognises our potential impact and so we’ll always follow best practices when disposing commercial waste and using chemical substances. We aim to reduce emissions within our supply chain with annual reviews of development in this area. Stewardship plays an important role in how we operate, leading in the UK and internationally with best-practice approaches and education.
Examples of Relevant Activities Include:
- Recycling, reuse, prioritising for bio-degradable materials where possible and reducing waste
- Conserving energy, prioritising for green energy use
- Supporting reforestation initiatives
- Using environmentally friendly technologies
Supporting the Community
Our company commits to community investment and educational programmes. For example, it we develop partnerships with social sector organisations to deliver our PPE4Care Social Action Programme and initiatives which foster ‘altruism through commerce’. It can provide support to non-profits or movements to promote cultural, educational and economic development of both local and global communities.
We will actively invest in R&D. We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates. Our company is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. We'll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business. Management must communicate this policy on all levels. Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.